Here, you will find articles, podcasts, book list to help you become a more effective leader. If you are interested in a leadership topic that is not found here, please reach out and let me know.
Transitioning to a new role at work?
Download this FREE self-coaching worksheet
to help you stay grounded and become effective through the process.
LEADERSHIP HOT TOPICS
Click the title to expand the section. Under each topic, you will find some resource links to help you become more effective in that specific area.
- Identify what cultural differences are there: 3 Ways to Identify Cultural Differences on a Global Team
- Don’t assume the usual western brainstorming way works: Leading a Brainstorming Session with a Cross-Cultural Team
- A great article with examples to illustrate the challenges: Global Teams That Work
- How Leaders Around the World Build Trust Across Cultures
- Collaborating Well in Large Global Teams
- Book: The Culture Map by Erin Meyer – One of the best books on understanding cultural differences and how to overcome the challenges of multicultural teams.
- Start with small steps: You Don’t Need a Grand Strategy to Achieve Organizational Change
- A very good article by John P. Kotter despite it’s an old one: Leading Change: Why Transformation Efforts Fail
- To Build an Agile Team, Commit to Organizational Stability
- 4 Tips for Managing Organizational Change
- How to Communicate Clearly During Organizational Change
- Book – Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard
- How to Give Negative Feedback Across Cultures
- Elements that helps make a difficult conversation easier: What’s Worse than a Difficult Conversation? Avoiding One
- For those who need a structured guide to handle it: We Have to Talk: A Step-By-Step Checklist for Difficult Conversations
- Podcast: Mental Health in the Office: Difficult Conversations
- Book: Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most – Douglas Stone and his co-authors identify the three levels in the underlying structure of difficult conversations: the incident, the feelings, and the identity. It’s useful to know these levels so that you can address the one that is the issue.
- Book: Radical Candor by Kim Scott – This book will revolutionize the way you differentiate the strengths of your employees and give them feedback that helps them grow.
- Never lose sight of your goals: Align Your Time Management with Your Goals
- Misconception about time management: 4 Things You Thought Were True About Time Management
- Setting priorities and focus: Time Management Training Doesn’t Work
- Energy is a major factor in our productivity: Energy Management Works Better Than Time Management
- Productivity Skills to Help You Gain Time Back
- Explore this new concept: Work-Life Balance Doesn’t Exist. Aim for Work-Life Integration Instead.
- Book: The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal
Diversity & Inclusion
- Understanding unconscious bias and dealing with it: How to Reduce Unconscious Bias at Work
- Survey: What Diversity and Inclusion Policies Do Employees Actually Want?
- Some basic strategies to improve inclusion: To Retain Employees, Focus on Inclusion — Not Just Diversity
- A great article: Interviews with 59 Black Female Executives Explore Intersectional Invisibility and Strategies to Overcome It
- Book: Deep Diversity: Overcoming Us vs. Them
- Book: Everyday Bias by Howard J. Ross – Start learning about our unconscious bias and strategies to deal with it in our workplace.
To support you through this difficult time, we are offering free 30-minute coaching sessions. Book a slot to find the support you need.